Cook Time: Up to 30 Minutes | Servings: 4
- 2 Open Prairie™ Natural Angus beef strip steaks boneless, cut 1 inch thick (about 8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 package (14 to 16 ounces) frozen broccoli florets (4 to 5 cups)
- Rub beef steaks evenly with ginger. Place steaks on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Broil 13 to 17 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once.
- Meanwhile, combine brown sugar, soy sauce, and vinegar in small bowl, stirring until sugar dissolves. Reserve 2 tablespoons mixture for serving. Prepare broccoli according to package directions; drain. Toss with remaining soy mixture. Keep warm.
- Carve steaks into slices. Drizzle reserved 2 tablespoons soy mixture over beef. Serve with broccoli.
Photo and recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff