Cook Time: Up to 30 Minutes | Servings: 4
- 1 pound Open Prairie ™ Natural Angus ground beef
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, defrosted, drained well
- 4 ounces herb-flavored feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 4 to 8 sheets frozen phyllo dough, defrosted, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch thick strips (4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Heat oven to 400°F. Squeeze spinach to remove any excess moisture. Combine spinach, cheese, eggs, and oregano in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Heat large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add ground beef and onion; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4 inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Add beef mixture to spinach mixture; mix well. Wipe out skillet.
- Combine phyllo strips and oil in medium bowl; toss to coat well. Spray same skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Place 1/2 of phyllo strips in bottom of skillet; top with beef mixture, pressing with back of spoon or spatula to flatten. Top with remaining phyllo strips.
- Bake in 400°F oven 15 to 18 minutes or until beef is heated through and topping is golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into 4 wedges to serve.
Recipe and photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff