Our story, your values
Openness matters, especially when it comes to choosing food you’ll put on your family dinner table. From prairie to plate, we honor our commitment to provide you consistently delicious natural pork and beef products that align with our values and most importantly, yours.
A promise as open as the prairies
The Openness Promise is our pledge to you to remain fully transparent and committed to providing wholesome beef and pork from animals raised responsibly. To uphold these high standards of openness, we promise the following:
Our Openness Promise
To explain what our product is, we’ve got to start with what it’s not. We’re proud to say that Open Prairie Natural Meats is everything you want from delicious natural pork and Angus beef — and more importantly, it’s none of the things you don’t.
- No antibiotics – ever
- No added hormones or growth promotants
- 100% vegetarian diet; no animal byproducts, except for milk
- No additives, preservatives or artificial ingredients
- We’re proud to share our unwavering animal welfare standards with you
- We’re open about our production processes
- We can trace all beef and pork back to its origin with our Trusted Path™ Program
- Third-party authentication of practices
- Consistent quality you can count on
- Wholesome and sustainable meat options
We treat animals with care, respect and dignity. When you bring Open Prairie Natural Meats home to your family, you can be sure that:
- We prioritize animal health, welfare and space for natural behavior
- All ranchers, farmers and transporters are trained in compassionate handling
- All harvesting facilities work under a robust humane harvesting program
The path from prairie to plate, explained
The Open Prairie Natural Meats team is proud to lay our entire process out in the open with our Trusted Path™ traceability program. It’s our way of ensuring we stay transparent with customers like you — always.
Raising animals responsibly
From the time animals are born, they’re raised with both our values and your values in mind. That means no added hormones or growth promotants, ample space for natural behavior and well-trained independent partners who know how to treat animals compassionately and humanely.
The proof is in the paperwork
Throughout the animals’ lives, farmers and ranchers maintain and share detailed records that document the animals’ health, welfare and living conditions.
Third-party auditors visit farms and ranches to ensure animal welfare standards and production processes are being met throughout the journey.
Humane harvesting practices
Throughout the production process, we have a robust and humane handling program in place to make sure procedures are followed and continually identify areas for improvement.
Trust is in our DNA
We use DNA sampling throughout multiple stages of our process to facilitate our ability to trace each animal back to their origin and confirm they were raised under our strict animal welfare principles.
Meat you can feel good about purchasing
We think treating animals with respect, dignity and compassion makes for a better end result. When our beef and pork arrive in stores, you know exactly where it came from and how it was raised.
Wholesome beef and pork.
From flavorful steaks to delicious chops, we’ve got it all. Find a store that sells Open Prairie Natural Meats near you or talk to your butcher about bringing it to your local grocery store.