All-American beef burger
With Secret Sauce
Nothing’s better than a burger — except for a burger topped with this secret sauce.
- 4 Open Prairie® Natural* Angus ground beef patties (about 8 ounces each)
- ⅓ c light mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp minced dill pickle
- ¼ tsp Sriracha or other hot red pepper sauce
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 green lettuce leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- To make sauce: In small bowl stir mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, Sriracha and dill pickle.
- Build a fire in an outdoor grill for direct cooking over high (500°F) heat.
- Place patties on grill and cover grill. Grill patties for 13 to 15 minutes, turning once, for medium-well burgers. If flare-ups occur, move patties to an area of grill not over heat source. During last 30 seconds to 1 minute, toast buns, cut sides down, over direct heat.
- Remove from grill. Season burgers with salt and pepper as desired. Build burgers with sauce and lettuce and serve.
- TIP: Serve the burgers with a salad of marinated sliced tomatoes, sweet onions and fresh dill. The tomatoes and onions can also be added to the burgers as toppings.
Serving Suggestions: Serve the burgers with a salad of marinated sliced tomatoes, sweet onions and fresh dill. The tomatoes and onions can also be added to the burgers as toppings.