Ancho chili rubbed steak
With Pineapple-Mint Salsa
Rubbed with smoky ancho chili and paired with a refreshing pineapple-mint salsa, this steak is the perfect balance of sweet heat.
Cooking Time: 8 Minutes
- 2 Open Prairie® Natural* Angus Beef ribeye steaks, 1-inch thick (about 3⁄4 lb each)
- 2 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp each garlic powder, onion powder, ground cumin, dried oregano and brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat grill to medium-high; grease grate well.
- Stir together ancho chili, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, oregano and brown sugar until blended.
- Rub steaks all over with spice mix; rub with oil. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- For Pineapple-Mint Salsa: Combine pineapple, red onion, jalapeno, lime juice, mint, honey and salt.
- Grill steak, turning once, for 4 minutes per side for medium-rare or cook to desired doneness. Let rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve with Pineapple-Mint Salsa.
- Sprinkle with finishing salt before serving.
- 1 ½ c finely chopped pineapple
- ¼ c finely chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ tsp salt
Total Fat: 23g
Total Carbohydrate: 13g