Chipotle beef skirt fajitas
These fajitas bring the heat with a bold combination of spices, veggies and tender beef.
Cut: Beef Skirt
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- 20 oz Open Prairie® Natural* Angus Beef skirt steak, cut into ¼-inch strips
- 4 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 2 ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp minced jalapeno
- 2 tsp plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp lime juice
- ¾ c onion, cut into strips
- ¼ c green bell pepper, cut into strips
- ¼ c red bell pepper, cut into strips
- ¼ c yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 tsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- In medium bowl, combine 3 teaspoons salt, 2 teaspoons black pepper, oregano, chili powder, cumin, cloves, jalapeño, 2 tablespoons olive oil and lime juice to make seasoning. Add steak; rub seasoning into steak strips. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- In heavy skillet, heat remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil. Add steak and sear; do not stir until browned, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove steak from skillet; set aside.
- In same skillet, sauté onions, peppers, remaining 1 teaspoon salt and remaining ½ teaspoon black pepper until vegetables are tender and browned. Return steak to skillet; stir. Sprinkle with cilantro.
- Serve in tortillas with fajita accompaniments. Garnish with lime wedges.
Total Fat: 49g
Total Carbohydrate: 56g