Coconut milk braised beef short ribs
With Rice and Sautéed Vegetables
Take your taste buds on an adventure with a dish that’s layered with flavor.
4 lb Open Prairie® Natural* Angus Beef short ribs
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
8 oz carrot, chopped
8 oz onion, chopped
6 oz celery, chopped
3 Tbsp red curry paste
2 cans (13.5 oz each) coconut milk
1 c beef stock
½ c prepared kimchi
4 lime wedges
¼ c Thai basil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large oven-safe saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle short ribs with salt and pepper; sear 3 to 4 minutes per side until browned.
- Remove ribs from saucepan; set aside. Pour off fat. Add carrots, onions, celery and curry paste to saucepan; cook 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in coconut milk and beef stock deglazing pan.
- Return ribs to saucepan; cover with a tight-fitting lid and bake 3 hours.
- Remove ribs from saucepan; strain braising liquid and defat it.
- Serve ribs with braising sauce, kimchi, lime wedges and Thai basil.
- For jasmine rice, baby bok choy and enoki mushrooms: In medium saucepan, boil chicken stock, butter and ½ teaspoon salt; stir in rice. Reduce heat to low; cover pan and simmer rice 12 to 15 minutes or until tender.
- In medium-large saute pan, heat olive oil and sesame oil over high heat.
- Add ginger, garlic and shallot; cook 1 minute or until tender.
- Stir in bok choy, mushrooms and red peppers; saute 4 to 5 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add soy sauce, red pepper flakes and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Portion rice into bowls; top with sautéed vegetables.
- Garnish with scallions, sesame seeds, jalapeno slices and fried garlic. Serve immediately.
Jasmine Rice, Baby Bok Choy and Enoki Mushrooms
Makes: 4 servings
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
3 c chicken stock
¾ tsp kosher salt, divided
½ tsp butter
2 c jasmine rice
2 tsp olive oil
2 tsp sesame oil
1 Tbsp minced ginger
2 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp minced shallot
6 oz baby bok choy, quartered
1 ½ c enoki mushrooms
3 oz red bell pepper, sliced
2 tsp soy sauce
⅛ tsp red pepper flakes
1 Tbsp sliced scallions
½ tsp toasted sesame seeds
½ oz jalapeno, thinly sliced
½ Tbsp fried garlic slices
Nutritional analysis based on the suggested serving size of main protein dish and ingredients, excluding side items.