Ginger beef power bowl
Fresh, filling and completely customizable, this bowl is filled with savory ginger beef, veggies, quinoa and tons of Asian-inspired flavor.
- 1 ½ lb Open Prairie® Natural* Angus Beef sirloin steak (about ½-inch thick)
- ¼ c soy sauce
- 4 tsp minced ginger
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Thinly slice beef.
- Combine soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar and pepper and toss with beef. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Drain beef, reserving marinade.
- In wok or large skillet, heat oil over high heat.
- Stir-fry half of the beef for 2 minutes or until medium-rare
- Transfer to plate and reserve. Repeat with remaining beef.
- Return reserved beef to wok along with green onions; stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the reserved marinade; bring to boil. Turn off heat.
- For Power Bowl: Meanwhile, stir together rice wine vinegar, sugar and salt.
- Toss with carrots and peppers. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 2 days.
- Divide quinoa among 4 bowls; top with beef, drained pickled carrots and peppers, asparagus and bean sprouts.
- Garnish with sesame seeds. Serve with pan sauce and hot sauce if desired.
- ½ c rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ large carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 6 c cooked quinoa
- 1 bunch asparagus (about 1 lb), cut into 2-inch pieces and steamed
- 1 ¼ c bean sprouts
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Asian-style hot sauce (optional)