Grilled Peppery Beef Kabobs
With Garlicky Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
With hints of Mediterranean flavor and tender sirloin steak, these beef kabobs make a simple but satisfying meal for cookout nights.
- 2 Open Prairie® Natural* Angus Beef boneless top sirloin steak, cut 1 ¼-inches thick
- 2 tsp coarse grind black pepper
- Soak 12, 6-inch bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes; drain.
- Cut steak into 1-inch pieces. Season meat with pepper.
- Thread 2 to 3 beef pieces onto each skewer, leaving small spaces between pieces.
- Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
- Grill, covered, 5 to 7 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 7 to 9 minutes) for medium-rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- For Garlicky Cucumber Yogurt Sauce: Combine sauce ingredients in small bowl.
- Serve kabobs with sauce.
- Serve kabobs on a bed of cooked farro, sugar snap peas and carrots.
Garlicky Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
- ½ c finely chopped, peeled, seeded cucumber
- ½ c plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Beer pairing: American Amber Lager, Bohemian-style Pilsner
- Wine pairing: Pinot Noir, Nebbiola
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, zinc and selenium and a good source of fiber.