Grilled ribeye steak
With Four-Pepper Rub
Simple and savory, this grilled steak is rubbed with four colors of peppercorns to bring out all the best flavors.
Cooking Time: 21 Minutes
- 2 Open Prairie® Natural* Angus Beef ribeye steaks, cut 1 ½ inches thick (about 2 ¼ pounds each)
- 4 tsp mixed peppercorn blend (black, white, pink and green)
- Salt, to taste
- Prepare a high fire (500°F to 550°F) in grill for direct and indirect cooking. For a charcoal grill, bank the coals on one side of the grill, leaving the other side empty. For a gas grill, preheat the grill on high, and turn off half of the burners to leave a cooler area.
- Coarsely crush the peppercorns in a mortar or under a small heavy saucepan on a chopping board. Press evenly onto beef ribeye steaks.
- Place steaks over direct (hottest) area of grill and cover grill. Cook, turning once, until seared and browned, 8 minutes total. Move to the indirect (cooler) area of grill and continue cooking, with the lid closed, and without turning, 15 to 20 minutes for medium-rare.
- Transfer steaks to chopping board and let stand for 3 to 5 minutes. Carve steak off bone. Cut across the grain into slices, season with salt, if desired, and serve.
- Enjoy this steak with a mixture of grilled vegetables, such as zucchini, yellow squash and miniature sweet peppers.
Total Fat: 20g
Total Carbohydrate: 0g