With Kale and Radicchio Salad
With perfectly seasoned steak, unique vegetables and a bold dressing, this salad is anything but typical.
Cut: Strip Loins
Cooking Time: 12 Minutes
- 2 Open Prairie® Natural* Angus Beef strip steak, ¾-inch thick (12 oz each)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat grill to medium-high; grease grate well.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper; grill for 3 minutes per side or until grill-marked.
- For Balsamic Honey Vinaigrette: Whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey, mustard, salt and garlic.
- Baste steaks with ¼ cup of the vinaigrette; continue to grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare or cook to desired doneness.
- Let rest for 5 minutes; slice thinly on an angle.
- For Kale and Radicchio Salad: Add radicchio, kale, pear and shallot to large bowl; toss with remaining vinaigrette.
- Divide among 4 plates; top with sliced steak. Garnish with blue cheese and walnuts.
- The cracked pepper gives these steaks a steak-house finish. If you prefer, reduce the pepper to ¼ teaspoon.
Balsamic Honey Vinaigrette
- ¼ c balsamic vinegar
- ¼ c extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Kale and Radicchio Salad
- 4 c shredded radicchio
- 4 c shredded and stemmed kale
- 1 ripe pear, chopped
- 1 shallot, sliced
- ⅓ c crumbled blue cheese
- ¼ c toasted walnuts
Total Fat: 32g
Total Carbohydrate: 23g