Korean BBQ grilled beef
With Napa Cabbage & Pear Slaw
Sweet, savory and sophisticated, this grilled beef dish brings your favorite Korean BBQ restaurant right to your dining room.
- 1 to 1 ¼ lb Open Prairie® Natural* Angus Beef inside round London broil (about 1-inch thick)
- ⅓ c soy sauce
- ¼ c grated pear
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tsp chili paste (such as sambal oelek)
- Stir together soy sauce, pear, vegetable oil, sugar, rice wine vinegar, ginger, sesame oil, garlic, shallot and chili paste.
- Add steak to large resealable bag; pour in marinade.
- Seal and marinate in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat grill to high; grease grate well.
- Drain steak, reserving marinade.
- Grill for 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare or cook to desired doneness.
- Let steak rest for 10 minutes. Slice thinly and serve with Napa Cabbage & Pear Slaw.
- For Napa Cabbage & Pear Slaw: In large bowl, whisk together rice wine vinegar, oil, honey, garlic and salt; toss with cabbage, cucumber, pear, red pepper, red onion and cilantro. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Garnish with almonds.
- Serve with kimchi if desired.
Napa Cabbage & Pear Slaw
- ⅓ c rice wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 c shredded napa
- 1 c sliced cucumber
- 1 ripe pear,
- thinly sliced into
- 1 red pepper,
- thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- ⅓ c sliced natural
- almonds, toasted