Seared T-Bone steak
With Homemade Tomato Jelly
From the prairie to the pan, sear this classic steak for the ultimate comfort food feast.
- 4 Open Prairie® Natural* Angus Beef T-Bone steaks
- (10 to 12 oz each)
- 1 ½ c diced tomatoes
- 1 ½ Tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp grated orange rind
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 5 tsp olive oil, divided
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- To make jelly, in heavy bottomed saucepan, combine tomatoes, sugar, coriander, pepper, pepper flakes, cinnamon, orange rind and orange juice. Cook over medium heat until jelly reduces and thickens. Pour jelly into small bowl and cover; cool in refrigerator.
- Pat steaks dry; rub with 2 teaspoons olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In large heavy skillet, heat remaining 3 teaspoons olive oil until it shimmers in pan. Sear steaks for 5 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 125°F which is medium-rare.
- Let steaks rest 10 minutes; serve with tomato jelly.