Spanish beef tenderloin
With succulent beef tenderloin, a vibrant romesco sauce and a prep time of under 15 minutes, this simple yet satisfying recipe is perfect for weeknights.
Cooking Time: 12 Minutes
- 4 Open Prairie® Natural* Angus Beef tenderloin steaks, (7 ounces each, about 1 ½ inch thick)
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Heat a large nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray.
- Add Open Prairie Natural Beef tenderloin steaks and cook, turning once, until browned on both sides, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer skillet with steaks to oven and cook until steaks barely spring back when pressed on top with a ﬁnger, about 6 minutes for medium-well.
- Remove from oven and season with salt and pepper, as desired. Transfer each steak to a plate and let stand for 3 to 5 minutes.
- For Romesco: In food processor (or in a blender in batches), pulse bell pepper, almonds, garlic and vinegar until combined.
- With machine running, gradually pour in olive oil to make a coarse sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Serve steaks with romesco.
- Serve with oven-roasted potatoes and sautéed green beans with Marcona almonds.
- 1 jar roasted red bell pepper (12 ounces), drained and coarsely chopped (1 cup)
- ¼ c natural sliced almonds
- 1 garlic clove, crushed and peeled
- 1 Tbsp sherry or red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
Total Fat: 1g
Total Carbohydrate: 4g