Spicy Honey Beef Stir-Fry
A little sweet, a little spicy, a lot of yum — not to mention quick and simple to make.
1 lb Open Prairie® Natural* Beef sirloin, thinly sliced
1 Tbsp plus 1 tsp sesame oil
¼ tsp kosher salt
¼ tsp fresh cracked black pepper
¼ c soy sauce
2 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp mirin
1 Tbsp water
2 tsp cornstarch
2 tsp minced ginger
2 tsp minced garlic
4 oz king trumpet mushrooms, thickly sliced
2 oz carrot, thinly sliced on bias
2 oz celery, thinly sliced on bias
2 oz red bell pepper, thinly sliced
3 oz sugar snap peas
⅛ tsp red pepper flakes
Steamed jasmine rice
- In medium bowl combine sirloin, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, salt and pepper; set aside.
- In small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, honey, mirin and water; add cornstarch and continue to whisk until stir-fry sauce is combined; set aside.
- Heat medium-large wok or saute pan over high heat until very hot. Add beef and saute 4 minutes per side or until browned. Remove beef from wok; set aside.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon sesame oil to wok. Stir in ginger and garlic; cook for 30 seconds.
- Add mushrooms, carrots, celery, bell pepper, peas and pepper flakes; cook 5 to 6 minutes stirring constantly.
- Return beef and stir-fry sauce to wok. Cook stirring until mixture has thickened.
- Serve over steamed jasmine rice.
Nutritional analysis based on the suggested serving size of main protein dish and ingredients, excluding side items. Analysis based on 4 cups steamed jasmine rice; 1 cup per serving.