Whiskey butter beef sirloin
With Blistered Kale and Onion Rings
This whiskey-butter mixture melts into the steaks, creating a rich, juicy texture that you’ll love to love.
4 Open Prairie® Natural* sirloin steaks (7 oz each)
1 tsp kosher salt
½ tsp fresh cracked black pepper
1 Tbsp olive oil
3 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 rosemary stem
4 thyme stems
1 shallot, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
¼ c whiskey
- Pat steaks dry; season with salt and pepper.
- In large sautepan, heat olive oil over high heat. Sear steaks 3 to 4 minutes; turn steaks over.
- Add butter, rosemary, thyme, shallot and garlic. After butter has melted add whiskey.
- Continually spoon baste butter-whiskey mixture over steaks for 3 to 4 minutes or until an internal temperature of 125°F. Remove from heat; let rest 10 minutes.
- To serve, spoon shallots and garlic over each steak.
- For blistered kale: In large sautepan, heat grape seed oil over high heat until smoking. Add shallot; cook 10 seconds.
- Quickly add kale; stir until shallots are evenly dispersed. Continue cooking, but do not stir, for 3 to 5 minutes to blister kale.
- Add lemon zest, salt, pepper flakes and chicken stock; stir well. Cook 1 to 2 minutes longer or until hot. Serve immediately.
- For onion rings: Preheat deep fryer to 350°F.
- Peel onion; slice into ½-inch thick slices. Separate onion slices into individual rings.
- In medium shallow dish, place flour. Whisk eggs in medium bowl. In medium shallow dish, place panko crumbs.
- Dip onion rings in flour; wet with eggs and then coat with panko crumbs.
- Fry onion rings 2 minutes; turn rings over to ensure even browning. Fry 2 minutes longer. Remove onion rings from oil; place on paper towels to drain. Serve immediately.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
1 Tbsp grape seed oil
4 tsp minced shallot
6 oz kale, ribs removed
1 tsp lemon zest
¼ tsp kosher salt
¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
⅓ c chicken stock
Makes: 4 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
1 large yellow onion
1 c flour
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
Nutritional analysis based on the suggested serving size of main protein dish and ingredients, excluding side items.