Yakitori beef kabobs
With Maple Miso Soy Glaze
Glazed with an earthy and sweet combination of maple and miso, these skewers offer up complex Japanese flavors with simple prep.
- 24 oz Open Prairie® Natural* Angus Beef sirloin
- ¼ c mirin
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 tsp chopped fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp miso paste
- ¾ tsp soy sauce
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 3 oz shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Soak 8 kabob skewers in water if using bamboo skewers. Preheat grill on high.
- Cut sirloin into 1-inch cubes and place in a resealable plastic bag.
- Add mirin, rice vinegar, sesame oil, garlic and ginger to the bag with steak and shake to evenly coat.
- In small bowl, whisk syrup, miso, soy sauce and red pepper flakes to make a glaze. Set aside.
- In medium skillet, heat canola oil. Sauté mushrooms until lightly browned; set aside.
- Skewer cubes of beef and grill. Turn kabobs; brush with reserved maple syrup glaze.
- Garnish kabobs with reserved mushrooms and chives. Serve with remaining glaze.