Yakitori beef kabobs
With Maple Miso Soy Glaze
Glazed with an earthy and sweet combination of maple and miso, these skewers offer up complex Japanese flavors with simple prep.
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- 24 oz Open Prairie® Natural* Angus Beef sirloin
- ¼ c mirin
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 tsp chopped fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp miso paste
- ¾ tsp soy sauce
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 3 oz shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Soak 8 kabob skewers in water if using bamboo skewers. Preheat grill on high.
- Cut sirloin into 1-inch cubes and place in a resealable plastic bag.
- Add mirin, rice vinegar, sesame oil, garlic and ginger to the bag with steak and shake to evenly coat.
- In small bowl, whisk syrup, miso, soy sauce and red pepper flakes to make a glaze. Set aside.
- In medium skillet, heat canola oil. Sauté mushrooms until lightly browned; set aside.
- Skewer cubes of beef and grill. Turn kabobs; brush with reserved maple syrup glaze.
- Garnish kabobs with reserved mushrooms and chives. Serve with remaining glaze.
Total Fat: 17g
Total Carbohydrate: 54g