Maple glazed pork loin
With Sweet Potatoes and Spinach-Apple Salad
Robust pork flavor balanced with a sweet ‘n saucy glaze.
24 oz Open Prairie® Natural* Pork loin roast
1 Tbsp olive oil, divided
2 tsp kosher salt
1 ½ tsp fresh cracked black pepper
1 Tbsp minced shallot
1 tsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp dry white wine
¼ c molasses
2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
⅓ c candied walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pat pork loin dry; rub with 1 ½ teaspoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- In medium sautepan, heat remaining 1 ½ teaspoons olive oil over high heat.
- Sear pork on all sides for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Transfer pork to rack over a shallow roasting pan.
- Return sautepan to medium heat; add shallot and garlic. Saute 1 to 2 minutes or until tender. Add wine; cook 2 minutes. Stir in molasses and thyme; cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Brush pork with about 1 tablespoon molasses sauce.
- Roast pork 15 to 20 minutes or until an internal temperature of 130°F., basting every 5 minutes with molasses sauce.
- Remove pork from oven; let pork rest at least 10 minutes. Before serving, brush remaining molasses over pork loin and sprinkle with walnuts.
- For coriander sweet potatoes: Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, toss sweet potatoes with olive oil, coriander seeds, salt and pepper.
- Place potatoes on a baking pan lined with parchment paper; bake 35 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned and soft.
- Sprinkle with lime juice and zest; serve immediately.
- For spinach and shaved apple salad: In small bowl, whisk together vinegar, honey, shallot, salt and pepper.
- Drop by drop, whisk in olive oil to form vinaigrette.
- In large bowl, gently toss spinach, apple and onion with vinaigrette. Serve immediately.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
24 oz sweet potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp coriander seeds, crushed
1 tsp kosher salt
½ tsp fresh cracked black pepper
2 tsp lime juice
2 tsp lime zest
Makes: 4 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
2 tsp white balsamic vinegar
1 ½ tsp honey
¼ tsp minced shallot
¼ tsp kosher salt
⅛ tsp fresh cracked black pepper
3 Tbsp olive oil
6 oz baby spinach leaves
3 oz honey crisp apple, shaved
¾ oz red onion, shaved
Nutritional analysis based on the suggested serving size of main protein dish and ingredients, excluding side items.