Country style lemonade ribs
Who would have thought lemonade and pork ribs would be a perfect match? Create this unique sauce for a refreshing take on ribs.
- 4 lb Open Prairie® Natural* Pork country style ribs
- 1 small 6 oz can frozen lemonade concentrate
- 6 oz water
- 1 c tomato ketchup
- ½ c white balsamic vinegar
- Juice from two lemons
- 4 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- Sea salt, to taste
- Mix lemonade, water, ketchup and vinegar together in a slow cooker. Heat on low.
- Season ribs with lemon pepper and sea salt. Place on rack on roasting pan and roast at 350°F for 40 minutes to render fat and brown.
- Place pork ribs in slow cooker and cook for 6 hours or until very tender.
- Serve with roasted potato salad.
This dish is best served with a oak aged Spanish red like a Roja or Grenache. A classic Pilsner beer is best for the lemon flavor of this recipe.