Pan-seared pork chop
With Rosemary Plum Relish
Elegant yet delicious, these chops will make any meal memorable.
Cut: Pork Chop
Cooking Time: 35 Minutes
- 4 Open Prairie® Natural* Pork frenched pork chops
- (10 to 12 oz each)
- 4 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Pat chops dry. Rub with 1 teaspoon olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- In heavy skillet, heat remaining 3 teaspoons olive oil until it shimmers.
- Sear pork chops for 5 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 135°F near the bone. Remove from heat; let rest for 10 minutes.
- For Rosemary Plum Relish: In small skillet, heat olive oil; add shallot and sauté until translucent. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add plums, rosemary, thyme, brown sugar, allspice, salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes; stir to combine. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes. Serve with pork chops.
Rosemary Plum Relish
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 plums, diced
- ½ tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- ¼ tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- ⅛ tsp ground allspice
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
Total Fat: 42g
Total Carbohydrate: 13g