Pork medallion sliders
With Apple Slaw
These elegant pork appetizers with a sweet and tangy apple slaw are an upscale take on classic beef sliders.
- 8 Open Prairie® Natural* Pork tenderloin medallions (each ½ inch thick)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 c arugula
- 8 slider buns
- For Apple Slaw: Toss together apple, cabbage, carrot and green onion.
- Whisk together vinegar, oil, honey, mustard, salt and pepper; pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- For Pork Medallion Sliders: Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well.
- Brush both sides of pork medallions with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place pork on grill; close lid and cook, turning once, for 5 to 8 minutes or until juices run clear and instant-read thermometer registers 145°F when inserted into center, or cook to desired doneness.
- For Dijonnaise Sauce: Whisk together mayonnaise and mustard.
- Spread Dijonnaise on bottom half of buns. Layer with arugula, pork medallions and apple slaw. Top with remaining buns.
- Cortland apples are best to use for the slaw because they resist browning more than other apple varieties.
- Apple Slaw
- ½ c shredded apple
- ¼ c shredded cabbage
- 2 Tbsp shredded carrot
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- ½ tsp honey
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- Pinch each salt and freshly ground pepper
- Dijonnaise Sauce
- ½ c mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard