Sage grilled porterhouse pork chops
Savor every bite of this classic chop with added earthiness and slight peppery taste that will have your guests asking for the recipe.
- 4 Open Prairie® porterhouse pork chops (12 to 14 oz each)
- 4 tsp olive oil, divided
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp chopped fresh sage
- 4 sage leaves
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pat steaks dry; rub with 2 teaspoons olive oil.
- Season steaks with salt, pepper and chopped sage.
- In a heavy skillet, heat remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil until it shimmers.
- Sear steaks for 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Transfer steaks to an oven pan and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 135°F. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with sage leaves.